Monday, July 13, 2009

A Moment of Truth

12 July 2009

I am happy today. I was able to talk with Gabby this afternoon regarding
my thoughts about our friendship. He said that I should not be thinking that way; that we would be able to catch up for the lost times, little by little. He admitted that there's a lot of things that I still don't know about him. Things that happened to him between now and since the time we parted ways; the changed that happend to him and to his life for the last 10 years. And then he said, "I'll forever be part of your life so you'll know me little by little". He also admitted that he has fears in his heart, that I would not accept this changes and that I would disown him as my best friend or reliquish our friendship. Somehow I felt sad hearing this. It seems that Gab does not have an idea how important he is to me; how special our friendship is to me. I told him that. He expressed his fear that he never want to lose me. And that he believes that everything has a purpose and everything has a right place and a right time.

We talked more about small, trivial things. He even mentioned something about his observation - people are too busy to pause for a while, look at the sky and appreciate how lovely it looks. Well, he is one of them actually; he's one of the busy people. And that's what I always tell him. He tends to be very impatient and idealistic (I'm not sure if that's a good combination, but based on my observation, it is not).

Before we signed off, I told Gab that he should not be pressured with what I have said about our friendship; about us catching up for the lost times. I can wait for the right time at the right place; until he's ready to show me that changed he told me about; until he's ready to share all those experiences that happened during the time we are not together.

Hmmm... makes me wonder now. What could have happened if I did not stop answering his letters? Things would have been different now... where are those letters by the way... hmmm... now I have something to get busy with tomorrow - look for those letters.

Jhudiel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails